Fantastic to launch our South East London Meet Up with these fabulous people. We talked about prosthetics, holidays, phantom pains. Lots of brilliant tips and advice shared. THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING
We are looking at an outing next time, just finding the right place, we do have Kelsey Park in mind but let me know anywhere else which may be good. We are looking for places near a train station, good parking and generally flat. PLEASE SAVE THE DATE 25TH JUNE 11AM – 1PM FOR THE NEXT MEET UP. Email Vicki@steelbone.co.uk to let us know you plan to join us.
BRIEF NOTES FROM MEET UP – we had a good natter through lots of stuff but some key stuff I wanted to ensure you had links for …
- We spoke about fantastic Limb Art covers – check out this website: https://limb-art.com/
- We spoke about the long awaited NHS Prosthetic Review you can sign up for updates and read all about it here:
3. We also spoke about holidays and mentioned the campaign rights for flights. As a result of our conversations we will be launching a new information blog in which we will ask for tips when travelling across the country or abroad. Please send any tips to email@example.com
RIGHTS FOR FLIGHTS LINK: https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/rights-flights
4. Below are 2 photos of the crutches stand which Helena’s grandfather made, which may inspire you for some solutions to this recurring issue of crutches falling over.
5. Link to a blog on Phantom pain help which we discussed in the meeting: https://steelbone.co.uk/coping-phantom-pain/