Post Title: Norfolk Steel Bones Hubs Area Co-Ordinator Responsible to: Director
1-year contract £24,960 pro rata before tax 5 hours per week possibly increasing to 10 hours if funding is permitted but this could also be given to another person if the successful candidate did not want more hours.
THIS IS A QUICK TURNAROUND APPLCIATION AS WE NEED TO LAUNCH THE PROJECT ASAP. PLEASE EMAIL EMMA@STEELBONE.CO.UK with your CV and a cover letter as to why you want to work with us and why you are the person for this role.
DEADLINE for applications: Monday 22nd May, please be available for online interviews on 23rd May 1-3pm
Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the position is to provide Coordination of our meet ups in Norfolk and launch the Norfolk Fitness Club. This project enables us to work in a very focussed way with local amputees on the ground and ensure they have the support they need to endure amputation and achieve their goals. The successful candidate will live locally or be prepared to travel.
The Area Coordinator will play a crucial role in the team launching this brand-new exciting project we have secured funding for. The Area Coordinator will join the small but passionate, proactive hard-working team to work collaboratively to further extend Steel Bones’ services.
This is a small, new charity but one that punches above its weight and growing very quickly. It is a very busy, responsive environment. We are looking for someone who has a passion to make a difference and wants to be part of something growing bigger and helping more families each day.
This is a work from home role with reasonable travel expenses paid for meetings and events which you need to attend in person. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
The post holder will be required to attend the weekly fitness clubs and meet up groups as the Representative for Steel Bones to provide encouragement, motivation and ensure the events take place as we have agreed. These events will take place on days and times which best suit the majority of people interested in attending and probably will include evenings.
The post holder will need to be proactive, well organised, calm, friendly with a welcoming manner.
The post holder will need to be empathetic and have a good understanding of customer care, understanding that they are an ambassador for the charity and should embody the value, vision of Steel Bones in all interactions.
This role will involve the post holder working with our external fitness and wellbeing partners.
THIS ROLE IS ONLY POSSIBLE THANKS TO FUNDING FROM THE NORFOLK COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
It is essential that the post holder has good literacy and numeracy skills to undertake a range of tasks. A broad overview gained from office experience and/or qualifications, specific procedures can be learnt whilst in the post.
This job description sets out a range of duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by the post holder:
- Launch a meet up group and weekly fitness group in West Norfolk, Kings Lynn
- Working closely with at least 1 volunteer in each area who you will support throughout the process and work together to build the awareness of the events
- Once launched, working with those partners to generate interest of potential attendees
- Drafting press releases
- Providing information to members to be able to attend the events
- Sending out emails and making phone calls to provide motivation, reminders for members to attend
- Sending mailouts to GP surgeries
- Drafting letters, emails, press releases and updates for funders and stakeholders
- Providing support and assistance to local community members
- Coordinating with other community leaders
- Helping raise awareness of local resources
- Providing links to local services
- Supporting people with a wide range of needs
- Providing excellent listening skills
- Promoting resilience and social inclusion throughout the community
- the production of basic reports, using Word, Excel and other systems as required
- Collate survey data, send out survey reminders for each event
- To ensure that all safeguarding procedures are followed
- coordinate and arrange meetings as required
- Coordinate events
- Communicate regularly with Operations Hub Team
- This is a description of the job as it is constituted at the date shown. It is the practice of the Charity to periodically examine job descriptions, update them and ensure that they relate to the job performed, or to incorporate any proposed changes. This procedure will be conducted by the Director in consultation with the postholder
- In these circumstances it will be the aim to reach agreement on reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to make changes to the job description following consultation
- Other duties and responsibilities express and implied which arise from the nature and character of the post within the charity mentioned above or in a comparable post in any of the Charity’s other sections or departments.