we are very much enjoying collaborating with other amputee organisations and providing information on their events and activities to you all. However, please do be aware that we are not affiliated with any of these charities Steel Bones works with third party organisations relevant to our Members’ needs to share as much information as we can. Obviously, Steel Bones is not responsible for the third party shared content nor are we involved in third parties’ activities. Our collaboration is strictly for mutual promotion and support in the best interests of our Members.
This blog is updated every 3 months. The information below may not be the most accurate so please do check the event hosts own website for most recent information. This is a work in progress. If you have any events that need adding please email email@example.com with the following format:
Date – Event Name – Booking Link
APRIL IS LIMB LOSS AWARENESS MONTH
3rd November: WEAR PURPLE DAY FOR INTERNATIONAL DISABILITY DAY
Ossur Uk MObility Clinic 29th March at University of Birmingham 10am – 4pmemail firstname.lastname@example.org
Naidex – 17th and 18th March NEC Birmingham Europe’s most established event for disability.
Motability Showcases: 3rd July 10am – 4pm NEC Birmingham and 5th September Peterborough
Disability Pride Norwich 27th September
Activity Weekend with Calvert Trust in Exmoor 9-12 October 2020
Activity Weekend with Calvert trust Lakes 18th to 21st September 2020
Douglas Bader Foundation
Young Aviators Flying Days 2020 with Douglas Bader Foundation. These are for youngsters from 6-18 living with limb loss, limb impairments or other disabilities. For further information and to register go to www.douglasbaderfoundation.com
ADVENTURE WEEKENDS 2020 dates confirming soon
DBF have generously supported boat trips with many voluntary user groups – contact RNOH or Roehampton for dates. Steel Bone strip takes place on 21st June.
16 May: MOJO MaraFun and Teddy Bear’s Picnic – Stoke Mandeville
20 June – Limbpower Junior Games Nottingham
4 July – Limbpower games – Stoke Mandeville
Finding Your Feet
Please find the link below for full details and to register.
- Glasgow –
- Ampu-teas – 1st Monday and 3rd Tuesday every month
- Swimming – weekly every Wednesday and Friday
- Finding Your Fitness – weekly every Monday and Thursday
- Pilates – weekly every Monday
- Gardening – 2nd Monday every month
- Finding Your Voice – 3rd Tuesday every month
- Meditation – weekly every Friday
- Craft Club – monthly
- Skiing – monthly
- We do a monthly ‘Come & Try’ which is a different club every time and held on different dates & venues these have included Cycle club, Karting, Motorsports, Laughter Yoga etc. Click on the link below for details.
- Dundee –
- Ampu-teas – 2nd Tuesday every month
- Finding Your Fitness – weekly every Monday
- Yoga – weekly every Thursday
- Swimming – Fortnightly every Wednesday
- Bowling – last Tuesday every month
- Edinburgh –
- Ampu-teas – 2nd Friday every month
- Climbing Club – monthly
- Leeds – Ampu-teas – last Saturday of every month
- Aberdeen – Ampu-teas – last Saturday of every month
- Fife – Ampu-teas – 3rd Wednesday of every month
- Ayr – Ampu-teas – every 6 weeks
- Inverness – Ampu-teas – 3rd Saturday of every month
For full details of dates and times please click here: https://findingyourfeet.net/events/category/clubs/
Tri and Para Tri Festival : 25th May, Dorney Lake https://www.facebook.com/events/2623160024394162/
BIRMINGHAM HOSPITAL Christmas Party for Upper Limb Children and their families: 7th December 11am – 2pm
The next Big Meet Up is 28th March from noon at the Battleaxes, Elstree….between J5 and J4 of M1.
30 May Riverboat Cruise with Douglas Bader
For more information Email email@example.com or Facebook.com/OPUSstanmore
STEP UP LUTON
Christmas Get Together: 17 December 2019 2-4pm https://www.facebook.com/events/2699548380092036/
Amputee Care Team Support Northampton
27th February 7.30pm – Northampton Get Together https://www.facebook.com/events/2136178923344358/
This blog is updated every 3 months. The information below may not be the most accurate so please do check the event hosts own website for most recent information.